A New Weekly Princess of the Internet Feature
Inspired by the Internet, infused with wonder, open to debate.
1. Matt Bellassi has a new Whine About It video. This one is THE WORST THINGS ABOUT BEING AN ADULT. I agree with all his statements, in particular, the one about shopping for groceries and having to look after your own medical appointments. Thing to think about: do we REALLY have to "work until we DIE" like he says? Or could we determine how to make a living at something we love? Discuss.
2. Apparently LQTM (laughing quietly to myself) is a thing now. That's according to this Parisian Prep star . Thing to think about: when will LIYFCYABF become a thing? (laughing in your face cause you are being foolish).
3. A lot of people still hate Kanye DESPITE the fact I wrote a whole blog post devoted to why he's awesome. Thing to think about: why aren't these people listening to me? I am right.
4. Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry are embroiled in a Twitter cat fight. Thing to think about: are these ladies more interesting because they in-fight on Twitter or do we just find it annoying? Sub-thought: Remember when Britney and Christina used to be rivals in the pre-Twitter days?
5. Every brand in the galaxy is hopping on the "let's get kids to say something that serves our brand and play twinkly music so people will sniffle and it'll make us seem deep" bandwagon. Know who did a great job of this? Always' #LikeaGirl campaign. Know what's cloying? Nature Valley's ad about the evils of technology. This one feels forced to me AND like it's just ripping off a tactic that's worked well for another company. Come up with a new idea, Nature Valley! Thing to discuss: does this ad move you or do you find it manipulative?
My vote? Manipulative and derivative.